This might be one of my shortest – but most actionable – podcast episodes ever!
The big question I get asked – by podcast listeners, followers on social media, and podcast hosts – is, “How do I find shows to pitch?” More often than not, when looking for where to pitch yourself these people are coming at this question from the wrong angle – they’re looking in podcast directories and searching for specific shows.
However, I find that the most useful way to think about this – and the one on which all of my work with clients and in the Podwize Co-Op is based – is, “What are the types of shows I should pitch?”
It’s a subtle difference but by asking yourself that question and creating a simple one-line statement – “I pitch to podcasts that speak to *blank* about *blank*” – you can make sure that when you’re looking for where to pitch yourself you’re reaching out to shows that are speaking to your ideal clients. This approach can also help you to think smarter about your talk topics – because shows that you can bring complementary value to are the ones where you can really shine.
Where to Pitch Yourself as a Podcast Guest
Topics covered include:
- How my recent interview with Kevin Chemidlin inspired the idea of the One-Liner for Pitchable Podcasts or OPP
- The way in which an OPP can help you to identify podcasts that are speaking to your ideal clients
- How using several OPP statements can help to define what you talk about on different shows
- Examples of how I use a number of different OPPs in my own podcast pitching
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Podwize Co-Op is open for enrollment – find out more and sign up now!
- Learn more about The Podwize Group’s services
- Follow The Podwize Group on Instagram
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 72: Engagement Strategies for Podcasts with Kevin Chemidlin
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 68: How to Pitch a Podcast Quickly (Do it Messy!) which includes details of the ‘5-in-5’ Pitching Challenge from March 2022
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Interested in connecting with other entrepreneurs who are using podcasts to grow their business?
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.