Web and email copy that stands out? Why is that important to consider when you’re a podcast guest? Well, as of January 2020, Apple estimates that there are over 550,000 podcasts in existence. You can imagine, then, that there will be a lot of folks in the same niche as you, appearing as guest experts on those shows. So how do you stand out once people discover you on someone else’s podcast? By standing out and showing YOUR personality in your web and email copy.
In this conversation with my friend and founding member of the Go Pitch Yourself program Erika Holmes, we talk about how the language you use, both in your pitch and on your online platforms, can bring your personality to the forefront, make you stand out and help you land your dream clients.
Erika helps entrepreneurs and personal brands inject heart and humor into their brand messaging, web and email copy. Her specialty is writing clear, personality-filled, human-to-human words that inspire the right people to know, love and trust you to the moon and back.
Web and Email Copy That Stands Out With Erika Holmes
Topics covered include:
- Why, after years of being a catch-all writer-for-hire, Erika focused on what she loves – writing web and email copy
- How she was able to identify her ideal clients and attract them by reconfiguring the language she used
- What is the right amount of personality to share on your online platforms?
- The similarities (and differences) between website and pitch copy
- The importance of an “About Me” page on your website
- What a “Welcome sequence” is and why it is of critical importance to nurturing potential clients
- Why Erika joined the Go Pitch Yourself program
- To GIF or not to GIF!
- Take Erika’s “It Factor” quiz
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more info at Angie’s website
- Take Erika’s “It Factor” quiz
- Visit Erika’s website
- Erika on Instagram
- Erika’s Facebook page
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe in Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at The Podcasting Editor for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.