Is your quest for flawless perfection stopping you from snagging opportunities that will increase your visibility? Are you happy with your B+ work? Lately, I’ve been thinking that even though we naturally want to put our best work out into the world at all times; sometimes, it’s more important for us to just get something out there.
I’ve been talking to members of the Go Pitch Yourself program about the value of B+ work. Even in my own work, I can find it hard to realize that good enough can be enough.
I don’t recommend you stop aiming for excellence. But when it stops you from taking the next step and moving forward, it might be more important to just let it go.
And if you’re listening to this podcast on the day it’s released (March 16th, 2021), there’s still time to register for my FREE live pitching masterclass, Pitch Yourself Like a Pro (March 16th & 17th, 2021).
The Value (and Impact) of B+ Work
Topics covered include:
- Register for Angie’s FREE live pitching masterclass, Pitch Yourself Like a Pro (March 16th & 17th, 2021)
- Feedback which came from the previous Go Pitch Yourself episode, Guest Expert Opportunities: What They Are and How to Land Them
- What the “real world” meaning of B+ work is, going back to my previous life as a High School Biology teacher
- If you’re hiding in the shadows of perfectionism, it can keep you from the revenue-generating aspects of your business
- Real-life examples of where a focus on pro-level work can hold us back – from Go Pitch Yourself program students and my own work!
- Always err on the side of action. Get comfortable with B+ work, go with your gut, send the pitch, and see what happens
- How this thinking is bringing value to the development of Go Pitch Yourself v2.0
- Get in touch with your feedback – what are you focusing on too much? Where can you find the most value? After listening to this episode, what are you going to change in order to take action?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- If you’re listening to this podcast on the day it’s released (March 16th, 2021), there’s still time to register for my FREE live pitching masterclass, Pitch Yourself Like a Pro (March 16th & 17th, 2021)
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens – as well as to find out more about Angie’s Go Pitch Like a Pro masterclass (March 2021)
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more information on Angie’s website including details of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself episode 40: Guest Expert Opportunities: What They Are and How to Land Them
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
>>> Get a free downloadable version of my roadmap for podcast pitching success
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I would love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe to Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.