Growing a business is not typically a linear path, for sure. But, as we test and experiment new offers and services, we run the risk of overcomplicating our operations which ultimately might lead to burnout. I had a bout of burnout during the middle of 2022 until I hired Melissa Morris from Agency Authority to help us organize some of our backend operations. What I didn’t see coming from our work together was my recognition that I was running two completely different business models.
The Agency Authority is a project management and operations consultancy for agency owners. And as its founder, Melissa helps business leaders maximize their teams, increase their productivity, and grow their profits, all without sacrificing client satisfaction, the bottom line, or their own sanity.
Melissa’s external view of the way we were doing business uncovered a foundational misstep that we’d made as we evolved, one that we’re correcting as we move into 2023. As Melissa says, burnout is an operational issue. And a business that is profitable while keeping the business owner out of burnout is one that is streamlined and efficient
As you’ll also hear on today’s episode, marketing and pitching for podcast guest opportunities should also include processes that are streamlined and efficient. Without those in place, you’ll likely never see the impact of your actions and will give up fairly quickly. So as we approach year’s end, if you’re struggling with pitching, perhaps some of Melissa’s wisdom and my expertise will save you from burnout too.
Behind-the-Scenes: Streamlining Operations & Offers with Melissa Morris
Topics covered include:
- How Melissa works with businesses to make them more efficient, and what her first impressions of the Podwize Group were when she started working with us
- Why operations work is so much more than getting a new business app
- The ways that operations and efficiencies apply to marketing in general, and podcast hosting and guesting in particular
- Melissa’s experiences of pitching for podcast appearances, and the impact it has had on her business
- The future of the Podwize Group and our focus from 2023 onwards!
So did this conversation spark any thoughts about your own feelings of overwhelm with regard to podcast pitching? If you can’t see the wood for the trees, you would probably benefit from an outside eye on how podcast guesting can help you achieve your business and marketing goals. If that’s where you’re at, book a Fix My Pitch Strategy Session with me here.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Follow The Podwize Group on Instagram
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Ep. 93 of Caroline Hull’s Podcast Your Business: Enhance Your Growth Strategy with Podcast Guesting with Angie Trueblood
- Listen to Natalie Eckdahl’s BizChix Podcast
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Melissa Morris at Agency Authority
- Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook
- Find your instinctive way of doing things at Kolbe.com
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.