Can podcasting and social media play nicely together? How does social media strategy for podcasters differ from other industries? Is there a best social media platform for podcast promotion? Whether you are a podcast host or guest, in this episode I’m answering these questions and looking at how you can use social media in a way that feels natural and complements your podcasting strategy.
My guest, Andréa Jones, is a social media strategist for passion-led coaches and experts who want to make a difference in the world with their message.
She guides her clients and students from being stuck to becoming strategic, passion-led powerhouses with her straightforward approach to social media: “Take one little step each day. Build social media savvy over time.” As she says in our conversation, Social comes first, Media comes later – so let your audience get to know who you are initially.
Listen in as Andréa explains how to create a robust social media strategy for your podcast that works with your personality while meeting your promotional goals.
Social Media Strategy for Podcasters with Andréa Jones
Topics covered include:
- Why the idea that successful social media marketers are connecting online all day every day is a misconception that can prevent business leaders and solopreneurs from developing a social media strategy
- Why time spent connecting on other people’s platforms is a better measure of social media activity than the number of posts you create
- Recent social media trends that Andréa and her team have identified
- Why you don’t need to be everywhere all the time – it’s ok to lean into your preferred platform
- Andréa’s tips in social media strategy for podcasters in getting people to make the jump from social media to listening to your podcast – whether you’re a guest or the host
- How to share your personal brand when you don’t want to be on social all the time – and how you can set boundaries
So tell me. What are your key takeaways from this episode? What one thing are you planning to do differently on social media? As I mentioned, I’m most active on LinkedIn, so connect with me @angietrueblood and let me know that you were listening to this episode. And don’t forget to come back next time for our 100th episode!
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 91: Podcast Advertising with Heather Osgood
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Check out my Podcast Love of the Week, American History Tellers from Wondery
- Listen to Andréa on The Savvy Social Podcast
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Visit OnlineDrea
- Connect with Andréa on Instagram and YouTube
- Explore Canva and CapCut
- Connect with Shannon Siriano on Instagram
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be well and be visible, my friend!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.