Yes, this episode is all about project management for podcast guesting… but wait! Come back! Project management – even though it is certainly not in my wheelhouse – is an essential part of successfully pitching yourself for podcast guest opportunities.
My guest today is Shanice Miller. As well as being a client of the Podwize Group, Shanice is a business productivity consultant, specializing in project management. From small startups to multi-million dollar businesses, she helps clients save hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars, through her passion for identifying and solving inefficiencies.
In fact, Shanice helps break down the parts of the podcast pitching process in the same way we typically break down the parts of a pitch template. Tune in to hear how you can grow your business, and any internal processes, without having to reinvent the wheel each time by utilizing project management.
Shanice is a project management boss but is new to appearing on podcasts. She has kindly allowed us to share a little bit of our pre-interview chat, where I coach her in preparing her call-to-action. I hope you enjoy this peek behind the curtain, and if you like the way we work, book a discovery call with us.
ALSO! Do you want to learn how to pitch effectively AND quickly?
Listen out for details of the return of our 5-in-5 Podcast Pitching Challenge (September 2022).
Project Management for Podcast Guesting with Shanice Miller
Topics covered include:
- A real-time workshop in preparing the call-to-action for your podcast guest appearances
- Shanice’s expertise in project management and how selling her business illustrated the importance of getting your SOPs in order
- The ways that project management relates to podcast pitching and guesting
- The key pieces of effective project management
- The difference between templates and Standard Operating Procedures, and how to turn your SOPS into a list of actions that can be moved along, automated, and delegated
- Why you don’t need a project management tool
I hope that this episode has shown you the advantages of getting to grips with project management for podcast guesting purposes. So are you going to write a list of all the parts of your podcast pitching process? Let me know by getting in touch on LinkedIn or IG @thepodwizegroup.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Register for the September 2022 5-in-5 Podcast Pitching Challenge
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services
- The Podwize Co-Op is open for enrollment – find out more and sign up now!
- Follow The Podwize Group on Instagram
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Ep. 78 of the Turnkey Podcast Real Talk about the Guest Seat with Angie Trueblood
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Book a free Business Assessment with Shanice or get her 3 Steps to Automating Your Business (And Freeing Up Your Time)
- Visit Shanice at the Taskly Group
- Connect with Shanice on LinkedIn
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Interested in connecting with other entrepreneurs who are using podcasts to grow their business?
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.