Podcasting for business is a bit different than podcasting for entertainment or passion. Sure, you can be passionate about podcasting for business, but the role your show serves and the goals you set are likely to be very different than when you’re creating an entertainment show and focused on growing your downloads.
So, how do you position your show when your podcast is an extension of your business? You’re in luck, friend. I invited Megan Dougherty, co-founder of One Stone Creative podcast production company, to talk about just that. Megan and I chat through the four roles to consider when podcasting for business, both as a podcast host and as a podcast guest. Whichever role you’re in, this episode is sure to shed some light on how to align your podcast goals with your business goals.
How to Use Podcasting for Business with Megan Dougherty
Topics covered include:
- The four roles podcasts can play in a business
- How podcast guesting can support those four roles
- When do you need to ‘stand out’ when podcasting for business?
- The biggest contributors to podfade that Megan sees in her business
- The one platform you MUST be on for podcast growth (where Megan is a total Debbie Downer… joking – it’s just a platform I don’t want to use)
If this episode resonated with you, I would LOVE to connect with you on LinkedIn (@angietrueblood). Send me a connect request with a message letting me know which role you’d like YOUR podcast to play (whether you’ve hit publish or it’s still in the ‘dream’ phase). .
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 78: Content Repurposing for Podcast Hosts & Guests with Krystal Proffitt
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Stephanie Rosenfield’s Not For Normal Moms podcast
- Malcolm Gladwell’s Revisionist History podcast
- Listen to Megan Dougherty on Free Time with Jenny Blake
- Terminal Value podcast
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be well and be visible, my friend!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.