In this episode, I’m excited to introduce Kim Stewart to you all – another Podwize team member. We dive into the podcast pitching strategies we’ve been implementing behind the scenes to help increase pitch conversions.
As well as being a part of our team, Kim is a book marketing strategist who helps nonfiction authors reach new readers by guesting on podcasts. Since 2014, Kim has helped authors build their platforms and launch and market their books long before and long after their release date.
Although Kim approaches pitching in a way that supports authors, there are a lot of parallels in the work we both do, particularly in the way that she encourages her clients to build their visibility in general, not just during launches.
This is directly relevant to anyone in the online business world looking to use podcast guesting to promote a specific offer. No matter what podcast pitching strategies you choose to implement, remember: always lead with the value you’re bringing to the audience!
An Inside Peek at our Podcast Pitching Strategies with Kim Stewart
Topics covered include:
- Interesting stats for the Go Pitch Yourself podcast
- How Kim uses podcast pitching strategies for her own book marketing business
- The differences Kim has noticed between pitching for authors and for entrepreneurs
- Why it’s so important to lead with the value you can bring to a podcast’s audience, rather than the product you are promoting – start your relationship from a position of respect and mutual benefit
- Establishing boundaries when pitching yourself by deciding whether the show and the host are a good fit for you and your brand.
- Changes that Kim has noticed in podcast pitching strategies include timely topics, podcast swaps, and the concept of creating your own podcast feed for all of your appearances
I hope you enjoyed meeting another member of The Podwize Group, as well as picking up some great, actionable tips. If there are any key lightbulb moments for you, as always please let me know.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your copy of Podcast Pitches That Convert at thepodwizegroup.com/pitches
- Learn more about The Podwize Group’s services
- Follow The Podwize Group on Instagram
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free copy of Kim’s 9 Ways Guesting on Podcasts Helps Grow Your Author Platform
- Visit KimStewartMarketing.com
- Listen to the Book Marketing Mania Podcast
- Visit Krystal Proffitt
- Deanna Seymour’s Anti-Hustle Holiday private podcast
- Explore Thomas Umstattd, Jr’s Guest Cast
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- GPY Ep 58: Do This, Not That for Podcast Hosts
- GPY Ep 60: Podcast Audio Made Simple with Steve Woodward
- GPY Ep 56: Capsule Podcasts with Betsy Wallace
- Listen to the Book Marketing Mania Podcast w/Kim Stewart
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Interested in connecting with other entrepreneurs who are using podcasts to grow their business?
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.