In today’s episode, I chat through how you can use your podcast interviews as pillar content. If you find yourself creating content for multiple platforms with no overarching theme, tune in to learn how to use your interviews as content you can repurpose in multiple ways.
When planning to use podcast interviews as pillar content, it’s important to plan for repurposing before you ever send a podcast pitch. What are the types of pillar content that you want to be known for? Once you know that and the types of audiences that are best suited for those topics, you’ll be well on your way to leveraging your podcast interviews as pillar content.
When you decide that your podcast interviews will be the key piece of content that you create, sharing interviews will feel more intentional and likely become more impactful.
Podcast Interviews as Pillar Content
Topics covered include:
- Why are podcast guest interviews pillar content?
- How to plan differently when you’re going to use interviews as content
- Different ways to repurpose your podcast interviews
- How – and when – to involve the podcast host in your plans
- How evaluating the topics you are asked to talk about can highlight themes you can use for future content sprints
I hope this reframing of podcast guest interviews as the key pillar of your content makes sense! I know it has made it easier for me to share my own guest interviews with my audience, knowing the “how” is taken care of, and that the content is directly relevant. As always, I’d love to know what you think. Or maybe you’re already doing this with your guest interviews and I missed something! Get in touch on LinkedIn or IG @thepodwizegroup.
And if you’re interested in learning more about our Jumpstart Intensive program, check out the different ways we can help you at The Podwize Group.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Follow The Podwize Group on Instagram
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Angie on Megan Doherty’s Business Podcast Blueprint podcast: How to Pitch Yourself as a Guest
- Listen to Angie on Sara Dean’s Shameless Mom Academy podcast: Angie Trueblood: How To Share Your Stories With The World
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sign up for Megan Dougherty’s Podcasting for Business Conference [affiliate link]
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Interested in connecting with other entrepreneurs who are using podcasts to grow their business?
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.