For the second part of Summer Lovin’ series, I’m bringing you an update of a previous episode where I reviewed four podcast databases – Podcast Hawk, Podcast Guests, PodMatch, and The Podcast Collaborative – with my friend and former colleague Kim Stewart. We describe how each service works, the different price points, what the user experience is like, and who we think will benefit from using them.
This episode was really popular when we first released it in 2022, so I’m excited to revisit this topic and note any changes that I’ve noticed.
Please note: I would always recommend that you prioritize building relationships with hosts and guests, as opposed to viewing a podcast appearance in purely transactional terms. But if you’re just getting started guesting on podcasts, these services can give you a real jump-start.
Podcast Databases and Networking Sites Review
Topics covered include:
- An update on podcast matching services and things that I’ve noticed within the podcasting space
- The importance of finding community and building meaningful relationships with hosts, rather than seeing podcast opportunities as transactional
- Why using a Podcast Database can be good for Podcast Guests who don’t have the time to research new shows – and how they can help Podcast Hosts to find guests
- Our reviews of four Podcast Databases – with pros and cons for Podcast Hawk, Podcast Guests, PodMatch, and The Podcast Collaborative
- A reminder of the benefits of appearing on so-called “small” shows
Have you tested out any of the services we talk about? Did you find them helpful? I’d LOVE to hear about your experiences so please send me a message on LinkedIn.
And don’t forget, there’s still time for you to shape the future of the Go Pitch Yourself podcast. Visit our short listener survey at thepodwizegroup.com/listener23 to get involved.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Join the Podwize Group email list and get a free copy of our Podcast Pitches that Convert
- Take part in our listener survey at thepodwizegroup.com/listener23
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 101: Updated: Where to Pitch Yourself as a Podcast Guest
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 96: The $3,500 Podcast Interview with Alex Sanfilippo
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
Please note: links marked with an asterisk are affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you purchase which will not affect the price you pay.
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be well and be visible, my friend!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.