Podcast advertising is one of the best ways to monetize your podcast. As the Podwize Group continues to grow, I believe that helping our listeners monetize their own podcast revenue is an important step in the growth and accessibility of their show.
Heather Osgood is a podcast advertising expert. For over twenty years, she’s been selling advertising through radio, print, trade show booths, and now podcast advertising where she’s created a successful system for attracting advertisers. She’s taken all her trade secrets on how to monetize your podcast with advertisers, developed The Podcast Moneymaker Course, and has joined me in this episode to share some of her hottest tips.
In our conversation, Heather provides a high-level view of the podcast advertising space. You don’t have to have a podcast with millions of listeners to monetize it and connect your listeners with something very beneficial to them. We discuss the difference between podcast ads and sponsorship, and Heather explains when and how to use each different type of advertising method. Finally, when working with advertisers, it’s vital to build a mutually beneficial relationship, including what type of information advertisers look for, how many downloads your episodes need to have, and what actually makes a good pitch.
Podcast Advertising with Heather Osgood
Topics covered include:
- The difference between podcast ads and sponsorship
- The three different types of podcast ads (embedded, dynamic insertion, programmatic)
- When to use ads, what they involve, and the types of ad dollars they generate
- How to choose a hosting platform with monetization in mind
- How to monetize your podcast as you’re growing it
If this episode resonated with you, I would LOVE to connect with you on LinkedIn (@angietrueblood). Send me a connect request with a message letting me know what you’ve learned about the reality of podcast advertising and what your next steps are for your own podcast.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Follow The Podwize Group on Instagram
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Podcast Moneymaker’s Course
- Visit Heather’s Website
- Visit True Native Media’s Website
- Podcast Advertising Playbook
- Podcast Advertising on LinkedIn
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be well and be visible, my Friend!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.