For nearly a decade, Kate was a full-time, freelance journalist before creating the Root + Revel wellness blog. This turned into an incredibly profitable, six-figure business – so successful, in fact, that she has grown that business into an asset that she’s selling!
Over her career, Kate has handled pitches from all angles. As a freelance journalist, she pitched stories to editors, and now, as a podcaster herself Kate is on the receiving end of so.many.pitches. Since launching the Success with Soul podcast in April 2020, Kate has already attracted high-profile guests like Pat Flynn, Amy Porterfield and Tarzan Kay.
So how has she managed that? Tune in to find out!
Pitching High-Profile Guests for YOUR Podcast with Kate Kordsmeier
Topics covered include:
- The ways that Kate has followed her gut when pivoting in her career as a corporate copywriter to freelance journalist to blogger and podcaster, even as others had their own ideas regarding her ‘dream jobs’
- How Kate successfully pitched high-profile guests on her show
Why appearances on big podcasts might not necessarily convert as well as smaller, more niche shows. Bigger is not always better!
- The methods Kate used when she was searching for experts and sources for articles
- How Kate likes to be pitched for the Success with Soul podcast
- Share your top takeaway from this episode with and Kate and Angie on Instagram
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sign up for the waitlist and be notified as soon as we open the doors for the next round of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Listen to Angie on episode 41 of the Success with Soul podcast: How to be a Guest on Podcasts
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself episode 34: Racheal Cook’s Interview on Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn
- Listen to interviews with Pat Flynn, Tarzan Kay, and Amy Porterfield on the Success with Soul podcast
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself episode 17: Using HARO to Pitch Media and Podcasts w/ Erin Ollila
- Listen to Kate Kordsmeier, guesting on Rebecca Minkoff’s Superwomen podcast: Email Over Social Media – How to Best Monetize Your Blog in 2021
- Get Kate’s FREE 99-Step Roadmap to Profitable Blogging
- Visit KateKordsmeier.com and listen to the Success with Soul podcast
- Visit the Root + Revel website
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
>>> Get a free downloadable version of my roadmap for podcast pitching success
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.