It might not seem like pitching for sponsorships (for a podcast or blog) is similar to pitching to be a guest on a podcast, but that’s precisely what this episode is about. Alongside my guest, Jenny Melrose, we talk through our different (but similar) approaches to pitching.
Jenny’s specialty is helping bloggers pitch for sponsorships, while mine is pitching business owners to be guests on podcasts. We chat about what’s similar and what’s different about the work we do, and we also talk about our experiences in blogging and podcast hosting.
Jenny Melrose helps bloggers, influencers, and entrepreneurs build their businesses and make money online in a number of ways. She’s the host of the Influencer Entrepreneurs podcast and the author of Influencer Entrepreneurs: The 4-Step Framework to Building Your Audience, Growing Your Business, and Making More Money Online.
There’s a lot of crossover in the work that we do. But whether you’re pitching to be a podcast guest or pitching for sponsorships, they both involve at least two things – knowing your audience and laying the groundwork for a mutually beneficial business relationship.
Pitching for Sponsorships with Jenny Melrose
Topics covered include:
- How Jenny transitioned from blogging to helping bloggers and influencers learn how to scale their business
- Why Jenny encourages her clients to add a podcast to the channels they already manage, in order to attract sponsors
- Mistakes that she has seen some Business to Business podcasters make when it comes to ads and sponsorships
- How pitching for sponsorships is similar to pitching for podcast appearances – it’s all about finding a perfect fit for the audience you’re wanting to help
- How podcast guesting has impacted Jenny’s business, and how they manage it internally
I hope you can see the overlap in the things Jenny and I do. And, as you may have heard us say before, being aware of what the audience needs – either from a podcast guest or a well-chosen sponsorship link – is right at the heart of what we do at the Podwize Group.
As always, I’d love to know what you think. Get in touch on LinkedIn or IG @thepodwizegroup. Or if you need support in creating your pitching strategy, check out the different ways we can help you at The Podwize Group.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Follow The Podwize Group on Instagram
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Ep. 139 of Melissa Rose’s Brick & Mortar Visibility podcast: The Missed Opportunity Podcasts Provide Brick and Mortar Studio Businesses with Angie Trueblood
- Listen to The Influencer Entrepreneurs Podcast with Jenny Melrose
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Jenny Melrose
- Connect with Jenny on Facebook and Instagram (and send a DM for her free pitching guide)
Interested in connecting with other entrepreneurs who are using podcasts to grow their business?
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.