We’ve talked in the past about pitching to your niche. My guest today has taken that to the extreme by using her podcast pitch to pitch #allthethings. She continues to develop the areas where she can get in front of – and bring value to – new audiences.
Lisa Lisson is a genealogy researcher and the creator of the Are You My Cousin? blog and joined the Go Pitch Yourself program in January 2020. And even though her zone of genius might initially appear quite narrow, she has used what she has learned to capitalize on a wide variety of situations where she can bring value to audiences.
As a genealogy researcher, Lisa Lisson takes the overwhelm out of genealogy research and keeps researchers moving forward finding their ancestors. Whether researching ancestors alongside clients or writing how-to articles and books, Lisa uses her 12 years of research experience to help others build a solid research plan, find the needed genealogy records, and get the most out of those resources.
Using Your Podcast Pitch to Pitch All the Things with Lisa Lisson
Topics covered include:
- Details of my first ever live FREE pitching masterclass, Pitch Yourself Like a Pro (March 2021)
- What Lisa Lisson’s business involves and how she works with her clients
- Why Lisa joined the Go Pitch Yourself program and how she uses what she has learned for visibility opportunities aside from podcasts
- The variety of opportunities that Lisa has been able to tap into and the impact that being able to pitch all the things has had on her business
- How knowing what her messages and goals were helped Lisa to confidently pitch in-person – including building relationships with affiliates
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Register for Angie’s FREE live pitching masterclass, Pitch Yourself Like a Pro (March 2021)
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens – as well as to find out more about Angie’s Go Pitch Like a Pro masterclass (March 2021)
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more information on Angie’s website including details of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Get your FREE copy of Lisa’s The Big Genie List
- Follow Lisa Lisson on Instagram, Facebook, and on her YouTube channel
- Visit Lisa’s website, LisaLisson.com
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I would love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe to Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.