If pitching yourself for podcast visibility opportunities makes you worry that you don’t have your opt-in / landing page / social profiles etc. finalized, then pitching a podcast quickly (aka messily!) might be just what you need.
Continuing our Summer Lovin’ series, where we’re re-sharing the content from five of our most downloaded episodes, today I lay out the minimum steps needed to get a targeted pitch out to your ideal podcast.
I think this one has been so popular because it shows that your pitch doesn’t need to be perfect to be successful, as well as containing actionable steps to take.
Don’t get me wrong, the parts of a ‘messy’ pitch are similar to those of a more finessed one. But trying to send out the perfect pitch can stop you from taking any action at all.
So if you’ve ever delayed sending a pitch because you think that you need to have everything all tied up in a bow, this episode will help you to feel more energized in your marketing.
How to Pitch a Podcast Quickly (Do it Messy!)
Topics covered include:
- What are the minimum steps needed to send a targeted pitch?
- The different parts that go into making a ‘messy’ pitch, including clarifying what you want to achieve, and how to craft a one-topic pitch template
- How to identify your ideal listener and the shows they are listening to
- How ‘Pitching Messy’ can help motivate you to keep going for the long haul
If you think that doing it messy could help you to get a pitch out of the door, connect with me on LinkedIn @angietrueblood. I’d love to hear from you, especially if this method helps you to bag a podcast guest spot!
And don’t forget, there’s still time for you to shape the future of the Go Pitch Yourself podcast. Visit our short listener survey at thepodwizegroup.com/listener23 to get involved.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Join the Podwize Group email list and get a free copy of our Podcast Pitches That Convert
- Take part in our listener survey at thepodwizegroup.com/listener23
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 101: Updated: Where to Pitch Yourself as a Podcast Guest
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 72: Engagement Strategies for Podcasts with Kevin Chemidlin
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to the Grow The Show podcast
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be well and be visible, my friend!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.