Ever think of paying for podcast interviews with your DREAM podcast host? We’ve been seeing more and more individuals paying for their guest interviews on a podcast. And the prices we’ve seen have ranged between $35 to $10,000, for a single interview.
So today’s question is, paying for podcast interviews: yay or nay?
Not only that, but is it worth it? What information do you need to gather before you say yes or no? Plus we talk about what happened when we bit the bullet and paid the fee for a client to appear as a guest on a podcast.
Paying for Podcast Interviews: Yay or Nay?
Topics covered include:
- How this practice is working, and the kind of prices we see
- The Podwize Group’s standard response, and the questions you should be asking
- How to judge an opportunity to determine if paying for podcast interviews is actually worth paying for
- Our experiences of paying for podcast advertising in comparison to paying for podcast interviews or guest appearances
- What’s coming up in the next episode of Go Pitch Yourself
If you’re in the podcasting space and hoping to build your business through podcast guesting, you are going to have some thoughts about this trend! So head on over to my LinkedIn post about this episode and answer the questions (@angietrueblood).
Be sure to tune in to our next episode, an interview with podcast lawyer Gordon Firemark. We talk about the legalities of the “pay-to-play” practice, including why podcasts should disclose when guests have paid to appear, contracts to protect both parties, and more.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 91: Podcast Advertising with Heather Osgood – The Podwize Group
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Episode 03 of Kate Kordsmeier’s Success With Soul podcast: Why I Don’t Believe in Hustle
- Kate Kordsmeier’s Success With Soul podcast
- The Entrepreneurs on Fire podcast with John Lee Dumas
- Lori Harder’s Earn Your Happy podcast
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Advertisecast’s Podcast Advertising Rates 2023, and the Podcast CPM Calculator
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be well and be visible, my friend!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.