I’m so excited that my guest today is Kate Doster, a current client of ours. She is here to share all of her wisdom in the email marketing space (including opt-ins, email lists, and ROI), which is closely connected to the world of podcast pitching.
Kate is the host of the Inbox Besties Podcast, creator of the Love Your List 2.0 email marketing mega course and is dangerously obsessed with helping ethical entrepreneurs carve out their slice of the interwebs. She helps her students woo open the hearts (and wallets) of their small but mighty audiences thanks to fun email marketing and easy-yes mini-offers.
In this episode, we go ALL IN on a conversation around freebies and opt-ins that lead people to join your email list in a way that feels authentic AND is profitable. We also talked about how much you should actually ‘give away’ in your freebie opt-ins, what format you should use, and we even nerded out on metrics a little bit!
I hope you find this episode helpful and uber-actionable. I would love to hear from you what your favorite takeaway is. And with that in mind…
Are you our Action-Taker of the Month? If you’re using anything from this episode in your visibility work – whether pitching yourself, changing up your topic list, or appearing on shows – tag me on Instagram and share what you’re doing. I’d love to choose you and your business to feature on the podcast, in my email newsletter, and on Instagram!
Opt-Ins That Serve and Sell with Kate Doster
Topics covered include:
- What is the purpose of opt-ins? And how much should you give away?
- Who do you want on your email list?
- Where in your customer journey you should offer a freebie
- Different ways of tracking the ROI
- How to decide the best opt-in to offer: which format, what type of content, and which problem it should solve
- The things that need to happen AFTER people opt-in to your email list
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sign up for the waitlist and be notified as soon as we open the doors for the next round of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more information on Angie’s website including details of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Check out Kate’s Freebies That Serve and Sell mini-course and get Two Years’ Worth of Emails [affiliate links]
- Visit Kate Doster’s website and connect with her on Instagram
- Listen to the Inbox Besties podcast
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
>>> Get a free downloadable version of my roadmap for podcast pitching success
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.