So you’re serious about using podcast guest interviews as a key part of your marketing strategy. You enjoy the interview process and you know how to capitalize on the relationships that can follow. But have you ever wondered how to go about actually monetizing podcast interviews and understand what your return on investment (ROI) is?
Danielle Hayden – our first returning guest on the podcast! – had that exact same thought, and set about finding out the answer for herself. And in 2021, her answer was that 30% of her total revenue came directly through podcast guesting.
Danielle, CEO & Co-founder of Kickstart Accounting, is a reformed corporate Chief Financial Officer who is on a mission to help rule-breaking female entrepreneurs understand their numbers so they can gain the confidence needed to create sustainable profits. She also hosts the Entrepreneur Money Stories podcast, a series of real conversations about money mindset, with valuable, action-packed takeaways for the entrepreneur that’s building their abundant empire.
Spoiler Alert: you’ll be pleased to know that Danielle and her team don’t use an all-singing, all-dancing software solution to get this data. A spreadsheet and a series of standard questions are all it takes to understand if you’re monetizing podcast interview efforts effectively!
Monetizing Podcast Interviews with Danielle Hayden
Topics covered include:
- Details of the Podwize Group’s Jumpstart Intensive Package
- A brief reminder of Danielle’s work at Kickstart Accounting and why she initially turned to podcast guesting as a marketing strategy
- Why the Call To Action that she used at the end of her podcast interviews changed over time
- How Danielle and her team track the impact that podcast guesting is having on Kickstart’s bottom line
- The effect that this knowledge is having on where and how Danielle is being pitched for podcast guest appearances
Are you already tracking the impact that podcast guesting is having on your business? If so, how are you evidencing the ROI and checking to see if you’re monetizing podcast interviews? And if you aren’t, has this episode inspired you to start? Send me a message on LinkedIn or IG @thepodwizegroup – I’d LOVE to know your thoughts!
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about The Podwize Group’s services, including the Jumpstart Intensive Package
- The Podwize Co-Op is open for enrollment – find out more and sign up now!
- Follow The Podwize Group on Instagram
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 20: Financial Goal Setting and ROI with Danielle Hayden – The Podwize Group
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 05: Generating Leads Through Podcast Interviews with Nikki Rausch
- Listen to Danielle’s podcast, Entrepreneur Money Stories
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Kickstart Accounting
- Connect with Kickstart Accounting on Instagram and Facebook
- Visit Natalie Eckdahl’s BizChix website
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Interested in connecting with other entrepreneurs who are using podcasts to grow their business?
>>> Check out the Podwize Co-Op
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.