So, today we celebrate Episode 50 of the Go Pitch Yourself podcast! Thanks to those of you who’ve been listening for the last 2 years and welcome to those who’ve recently joined us.
The idea for this episode, about meeting in real life, began a year and a half ago. But then 2020 happened and it was no longer relevant. Since then, it’s fair to say that my online and virtual relationships have been critical in making connections and maintaining them, both personally and professionally.
Now, though, as the world is gradually opening back up again, it seems like a good time to start looking at how we can begin making connections with people IRL again.
Making Connections in Real Life… Again!
Topics covered include:
- Go Pitch Yourself is 50! It’s OK if you didn’t get me a gift. All I ask is that you please leave a review wherever you’re listening so that people will know that they’re going to get value from the show. Thanks so much!
- Why making connections and meeting people IRL is so important, even if we’re doing the majority of our business in the online space
- How you can connect with people IRL again
- The advantages of building relationships and making connections in your local area – and why I’ve started working out of a coworking space
- The benefits of attending conferences… and why I’m thinking about taking a break from them in the immediate future
- Why you should create your own events with like-minded friends – as formal or informal as you like!
I hope you found this episode useful and that it has given you ideas about going into this reopening with intention.
I want to hear from you: Are you meeting up with other business owners IN PERSON? Snap a pic and tag me on IG @angie_trueblood so I can get uber jealous!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sign up for the waitlist and be notified as soon as we open the doors for the next round of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call or a 1:1 Fix My Pitch strategy session
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Communities and Events: visit Rebelle, She Podcasts, Podcast Movement and PodFest
- Coworking spaces: visit InSpark and Gather
- Visit Elizabeth Hartke
- Visit Racheal Cook
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.