Following Episode 22 (The Power [and Responsibility] of Visibility), I will admit that my gut instinct was to leap in with both feet to attract diverse stakeholders, clients and colleagues. With this in mind, I reached out to Erica Courdae, an entrepreneur and certified Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion coach to chat about next best steps for inclusive visibility. Erica has dedicated her life to expanding how others interact with the world through powerful conversations.
In this episode, we discuss the work that needs to be done before visibly attracting a more diverse audience to your business, including defining your own values and making sure that the place you’re inviting them to is welcoming and inclusive. Erica also has a podcast, Pause On The Play, which she co-hosts with Visibility Marketing Expert India Jackson. Topics covered include:
- The importance of creating a safe space for diverse audiences, team members and clients, without resorting to “business catfishing” or “box checking”
- What is “The Work”? What does it look like? And how does it relate to podcast pitching and a visibility strategy for your business?
- Turn it into action
- Why “Ideal Client” exercises don’t typically allow for a lot of diversity
- Evolving your diversity strategy and shifting what your audience or team looks like is a long game
The Pre-Work for Diverse and Inclusive Visibility with Erica Courdae
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more info at Angie’s website including details of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Episode 59 of the Pause On The Play podcast, Building a Diverse Team Requires Getting Clear on Your Values
- Visit the website for the Pause On The Play podcast and get your FREE Marketing + Mindsets from the Inside Out workbook
- Join the Pause On The Play community
- Visit Erica’s website to explore her Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work
- Erica on Instagram
- Website for Silver Immersion, Erica’s business
- Rebelle community and boutique conference
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word! Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
>>> Get a free downloadable version of my roadmap for podcast pitching success
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe in Apple Podcasts! And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend. Special thanks to Steve Woodward at The Podcasting Editor for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.