This one is for the podcast guest AND host. I’ve talked in the past that appearing on a podcast, if done right, can be the start of an incredible business relationship between podcast guest and podcast host. In this episode, I talk about all the ways you can help ensure that happens long before the ‘record’ button is hit.
Yes, the way you pitch can create a lasting first impression. By the same token, the way a podcast host accepts (or rejects) pitches can be just as impactful.
Listen as I lay out ways in which podcast guests and hosts can make the pre-interview process as smooth as possible, so they can both turn up with their best energy.
How to be a Gracious Podcast Guest and Host
Topics covered include:
- What does being a gracious guest or host mean when talking about podcast visibility opportunities?
- How the relationship between guest and host can impact on the quality of the content which is delivered
- As a guest, playing by the rules of pitching is a great first step.
- Examples of how guests can show that they appreciate the opportunity
- The importance of podcast hosts having a clear system in place for potential guests to follow. And if you aren’t accepting pitches, make that clear!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Join the Go Pitch Yourself Facebook community
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more info at Angie’s website
- Abby Herman’s podcast Stories in Small Business
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
>>> Get a free downloadable version of my roadmap for podcast pitching success
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe in Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at The Podcasting Editor for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.