Whether or not podcast guests share their interviews is a common topic of conversation in the podcast community, with hosts frequently expressing frustration and seeking solutions. In this episode of “Go Pitch Yourself,” I share the reasons some guests may be less likely to share their interviews and offer up strategies hosts can take to better support them in sharing their episodes.
In addition to sharing what hosts can do to encourage sharing, I also share several actions that podcast guests can take to help ease the perceived ‘pain’ of helping promote the host’s podcast.
Why Aren’t Podcast Guests Sharing Their Interviews?
Topics covered include:
- The common practice of podcast hosts using guest interviews as a growth strategy rather than a content strategy
- The importance of and how to make it easier for guests to share their interviews
- Why guests not sharing their interviews may be an indicator that you and your guest aren’t ‘connecting’ in a way that maximizes collaboration
- The impact that exploring unique topics with your guests can have on their willingness to share your podcast with their audience
- How guests can be proactive in knowing when episodes go live
- The role that a template can play in repurposing your guest interviews
If this episode resonated with you – as either a host or a guest – I would LOVE to hear what your key takeaways are. Connect with me on LinkedIn @angietrueblood.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 84: Podcast Interviews as Pillar Content
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to My Podcast Love of the Week, Scamanda
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Read Jeremy Enns’ post on LinkedIn: The Reason Your Podcast Guests Aren’t Sharing Their Episodes (and what you can do to fix it)
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.