Along with developing and nurturing business relationships, lead generation is the root of why we want to guest on podcasts. So you will have an idea of where you want the conversation to go, and the action you want listeners to take. But forcing the issue might be so far out of your comfort zone, and you really don’t want to appear too salesy.
Have no fear! In one of our all-time most-downloaded episodes, Nikki Rausch shares some great ideas about how you can turn up for podcast guest appearances, connect with the host, deliver great content to the audience, AND generate sales leads – all without coming across as sleazy!
Listen again as part of our Summer Lovin’ series, and notice how Nikki clearly has a plan of where she wants to lead the audience and plants seeds in a natural way throughout the interview. It’s a masterclass of being intentional about how you show up as a podcast guest!
Generating Leads Through Podcast Interviews
Topics covered include:
- How Nikki is able to gauge the power of podcast appearances
- The ways that Nikki takes podcast interviews and turns them into lead-generating opportunities without being salesy and spammy
- Ways to reinforce your authority by offering bite-sized, actionable steps that listeners can implement to get a ‘quick win’
- How much free content should you offer up in a podcast interview?
- The impact that being featured on podcasts has had on Nikki’s business
As I said in the introduction, this episode has long been one of our most popular, I think due to the number of actionable tips that Nikki shares, while still doing each of the core tenants of her Sales Maven framework – see what she did there?!
Which of her tips do you think you’re going to use in your next podcast guest appearance? Let me know by reaching out on LinkedIn @angietrueblood.
Visit our short listener survey at thepodwizegroup.com/listener23 to help shape the future of the Go Pitch Yourself podcast.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Join the Podwize Group email list and get a free copy of our Podcast Pitches that Convert
- Take part in our listener survey at thepodwizegroup.com/listener23
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Nikki’s website, Your Sales Maven
- Connect with Nikki on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Claim your free copy of Nikki’s e-book, Closing The Sale
- Get the Pretty Links WordPress plug-in
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be well and be visible, my friend!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.