Having worked in the podcasting space since late 2017, in this episode I take a quick journey through all the ways that podcast guesting has evolved since then.
Back in the day, there weren’t too many people using podcast guesting as a way to grow their authority. Because of this, when I started I was pitching for a variety of things – TV appearances, online publications, as well as podcast interviews.
All the positive changes I’ve seen in podcast guesting have transformed it from a tactic to a long-term, intentional marketing strategy.
Listen in to hear not only how the podcast space has grown, but how my business and the way that we work with clients has evolved to keep up with this changing landscape.
The Evolution of Podcast Guesting
Topics covered include:
- The things I did – and didn’t do! – for clients when I began my freelance career
- The different metrics used to measure the value of a podcast guest appearance
- Podcasts now – more competition and the growth of ‘pay-to-play’ transactional relationships
- Changes in marketing and promotion efforts – from growing an email list to Facebook to LinkedIn and beyond
- What I call the long game of podcast guesting – growing networks and referral partners, and getting in front of new audiences
- How the way we work with and pitch our clients has changed
So what else did I miss? If you’ve noticed some other changes in the podcasting space, I’d love it if you could record a short message at speakpipe.com/gpy.
And if any of this is overwhelming to you or keeping you from dipping your toe in the water, schedule a time to chat with me and we’ll see how we might be able to support you. Schedule directly with me over at thepodwizegroup.com/services.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 96: The $3,500 Podcast Interview with Alex Sanfilippo
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself Ep. 102: Updated: Podcast Databases and Networking Sites
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to My Podcast Love of the Week, Ep.191 of the Career Sweetspot podcast from Greenhouse Coaching Company: Ted Lasso, Haircut Chats + Entrepreneurship
- Listen to Jennifer Mackey-Mary’s Everyday Style School podcast
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.