How are you engaging with the podcast hosts that you’d love to pitch? Are you a host who struggles with ‘interacting’ with listeners when you’re not on the mic? If so, this episode on engagement strategies for podcasts is for you.
Kevin Chemidlin has developed a signature approach to growing podcast audiences and…it seems to be working. After growing his first podcast, Philly Who?, to over 100,000 downloads and more than $140k in monetized revenue in 18 months, Kevin took what he learned and started sharing it with other podcasters.
Now, as the host of the Grow the Show podcast, Kevin helps independent podcasters turn their shows into profitable businesses.
And, although Kevin works primarily with podcast hosts, his approach to engagement strategies is incredibly relevant to podcast guests who’d like to connect with hosts in their niche.
Engagement Strategies for Podcasts with Kevin Chemidlin
Topics covered include:
- Why Kevin went from software development to a full-time podcaster
- What he learned from growing the audience for his local-interest podcast and how this applies to podcasts more generally
- Why having a really narrow idea of the potential audience demographic for a podcast can actually lead to growth
- Details of Kevin’s signature approach to growth, Targeted Daily Engagement – how it works and some incredible results
- Coming from the other side, how Targeted Daily Engagement can be used as engagement strategies for podcasts and help podcast guests connect with potential hosts – with suggestions on how to approach hosts
I hope that you learned some actionable tips from my conversation with Kevin. What was your key takeaway from this episode? Let me know on IG @thepodwizegroup, or record a short message at speakpipe.com/GPY.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Podwize Co-Op is open for enrollment – find out more and sign up now!
- Learn more about The Podwize Group’s services
- Follow The Podwize Group on Instagram
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to the Grow The Show podcast
- Listen to Angie on Grow The Show: How to Get Featured on Any Podcast, With Angie Trueblood
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Interested in connecting with other entrepreneurs who are using podcasts to grow their business?
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.