Are you wondering about effective ways to connect with the podcast hosts you want to pitch to? Or maybe you’re a podcast host who wants to engage with your listeners outside of your recording sessions. If that resonates with you, then this episode is a must-listen, as we delve into strategies for enhancing podcast engagement.
For the final part of our Summer Lovin’ series featuring our all-time most-downloaded episodes, we present my chat with Kevin Chemidlin from May 2022. Kevin is the mastermind behind a unique method for expanding podcast audiences that gets impressive results. With his inaugural podcast, Philly Who?, Kevin achieved over 100,000 downloads and generated more than $140,000 in revenue within just 18 months.
Drawing from his experiences, Kevin shared his expertise with fellow podcasters, leading him to launch the “Grow the Show” podcast and brand.
Although Kevin’s primary focus is on podcast hosts, the engagement strategies he outlines here are relevant for podcast guests seeking to develop meaningful connections within their specific niches. And even if you hate social media, when you hear the amazing results that Kevin’s Targeted Daily Engagement technique has achieved, I’m sure you’ll be able to find 15 minutes a day to grow your show.
Engagement Strategies for Podcasts with Kevin Chemidlin
Topics covered include:
- Why Kevin became a full-time podcaster
- What he learned from growing the audience for his local-interest podcast and how this applies to podcasts more generally
- Why having a really focused idea of the potential audience demographic for your podcast can actually lead to growth
- Details of Targeted Daily Engagement, Kevin’s signature approach to growth, how it works, and some incredible results
- Coming from the other side, how TDE can be an engagement strategy for podcasts, helping guests connect with hosts – with suggestions on how to approach hosts
Whether you’re a host seeking to amplify your audience interaction or a guest eager to foster rapport with hosts in your field, I know you’ll learn some actionable tips from my conversation with Kevin. Let me know what your key takeaway is by reaching out on LinkedIn.
Visit our short listener survey at thepodwizegroup.com/listener23 to help shape the future of the Go Pitch Yourself podcast.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services – including our Concierge Pitching Service and Jumpstart Intensive
- Connect with Angie on LinkedIn
- Join the Podwize Group email list and get a free copy of our Podcast Pitches that Convert
- Take part in our listener survey at thepodwizegroup.com/listener23
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to the Grow The Show podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify
- Listen to Angie on Grow The Show: How to Get Featured on Any Podcast, with Angie Trueblood
- Listen to How I Built This
- Listen to Kevin’s original podcast, Philly Who?
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Grow The Show
- Connect with Kevin on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Join the Grow The Show Facebook group
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.