Content repurposing is a buzzword in business circles these days, likely because we’re all running at breakneck speed and don’t have the bandwidth to create MORE new content. Enter…. content repurposing: using one key piece of content as the cornerstone for various other forms. But, what does content repurposing for podcast hosts and guests look like? Will you be reusing the audio in different ways? Transcribing it? Creating videos?
Deep breath. Lucky for us, we can repurpose content without being a tech whiz or a videographer or spending hours a week recording ourselves.
In today’s episode, I chat with my friend and content strategist, Krystal Proffitt, to get the lowdown on how she not only repurposes content, but plans it with an eye toward repurposing.
Krystal is a content strategist, coach, and host of the award-winning show, The Proffitt Podcast. She specializes in helping entrepreneurs start, launch, and market their content.
Not a podcast host? No sweat: your guest interviews are content, too, and can absolutely be used as the basis of your content strategy.
Content Repurposing for Podcasts Hosts & Guests with Krystal Proffitt
Topics covered include:
- Krystal’s background in marketing and blogging, why she transitioned into podcasting, and how her current business grew out of listeners asking for help
- How, when planning out a piece of content (like a podcast episode), Krystal is already thinking about how parts of it can be repurposed for YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Why Krystal sees her podcast as the most important piece of content she produces
- How to share podcast episodes you’ve been on, once they go live – and how, by leveraging the opportunity, you’re creating a referral network and more opportunities
- The key channels that Krystal focuses on
I hope that this episode has got your brain whirring, thinking about all the ways you can repurpose your content to better help your audience. So what is your main takeaway? What do you plan to do first? And which channels are you going to focus on? Let me know by getting in touch on LinkedIn or IG @thepodwizegroup.
The Podwize Group’s resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Podwize Co-Op is open for enrollment – find out more and sign up now!
- Learn more about the different levels of The Podwize Group’s services
- Follow The Podwize Group on Instagram
Podcasts mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Season 2 Ep.3 of Angela Chong’s Personal Podcaster podcast: Go Pitch Yourself w/ Angie Trueblood
- Listen to Ep. 337 of The Proffitt Podcast: How Guesting on Podcasts Impacts Your Business with Angie Trueblood
- Follow The Proffitt Podcast
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Visit KrystalProffitt.com
- Connect with Krystal on Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook
- Watch Krystal’s YouTube tutorial, Create a Podcast Audiogram Using Canva
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Can’t wait to connect again!
Interested in connecting with other entrepreneurs who are using podcasts to grow their business?
>>> Check out the Podwize Co-Op
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.