I’ve said many times before that podcast guesting is a gateway drug to starting your own podcast, but not every business warrants a long-running show. Sometimes, providing value in a short-form, bingeable series is the perfect choice.
Enter today’s guest, my friend Betsy Wallace, who is the guru of the Capsule Podcast—a concept which I think is pure genius.
In 2018, Betsy and her sister launched their own podcast, Dinner Sisters. Today, almost thirteen thousand people tune in each month to hear what they’re making for dinner. Betsy launched her business, Capsule Podcast, to help brands, authors, speakers and coaches use a 6-episode podcast mini-series to grow their business.
As I explain in the introduction, immediately after we finished recording, Betsy and I began planning how we are going to work together to help people explore the visibility benefits of capsule podcasts. Connect with us both on IG and DM us if you’re interested in working together – @angie_trueblood and @capsulepodcast.
Capsule Podcasts with Betsy Wallace
Topics covered include:
- Betsy’s own speakpipe question for Angie about podcast tours – what they are, and how they can help you to maintain podcast visibility
- Information and an update about the podwize co-op
- An introduction to Betsy and her history with podcasts
- Why Betsy noticed a gap in the podcasting space – when maintaining a weekly show is too much pressure, but missing out on the visibility opportunities of podcasting isn’t an option
- The ways in which businesses of all sizes are using capsule podcasts
- What people should consider when deciding if a capsule podcast is the right option for them
- Betsy’s most impactful podcast-guesting experience and how to connect with her
So who else wants to start a capsule podcast?! If you’re inspired or are full of questions, connect with us both on IG – @angie_trueblood and @capsulepodcast.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Don’t forget! Enrollment into the founders’ round for the podwize co-op ends 30th September. Visit angietrueblood.training/coop
- Book a discovery call or a 1:1 Fix My Pitch strategy session
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Listen to Go Pitch Yourself episode 55: Announcing: the podwize Co-Op
- Visit The Dinner Sisters podcast
- Listen to Betsy on episode 842 of Farnoosh Torabi’s So Money podcast: Is Grad School Worth It?
- Visit CapsulePodcast.com
- Connect with Betsy on Instagram
- Listen to the capsule podcasts that Betsy mentions: The emPowered Author and The Cookbook Pantry Podcast
- Check out Brandi Mowles’ Beta To Biggie Acceleration Program, Melissa Corkum’s The Cork Board, and Kendra Hennessy’s Mother Like a Boss
- If you have a question or a comment, either email or leave a message for Angie at speakpipe.com/GPY
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
>>>Access the Pitch Like a Pro Masterclass
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.